Destroying old and unwanted documents may require more attention that most businesses imagine. Compliance to laws like HIPAA and FACTA is absolutely important. Yes, your company can always get a few paper shredders, but hiring a professional service does offer a bunch of benefits. In this quick post, we give you 7 solid reasons why you should hire a Houston shredding company right now.
- Compliance, and compliance. The word ‘compliance’ is not a choice. Cases of identity theft using old-school means are on the rise, and more often than not, people within the organization are responsible for mismanagement of information. Having a professional company is the simplest way to manage the work.
- Shedders are not enough. Paper shredders are reliable for sure, but why install such expensive products and spend on maintenance, when a company can do the same job for a lot less money? Also, it makes no sense to engage your people in trivial tasks like this one, which can be outsourced.
- The process may take time. Removing clips, staples and shredding papers can take considerable time, which is why many companies rely on shredding services for simplifying the procedure.
- Because they follow due norms. All shredding companies are required to follow the necessary steps and norms for destruction of documents, and this is an assurance that the information cannot be recovered in any way. For businesses that deal with sensitive information and papers, this is a huge advantage.
- Mobile shredding is handy. There are services that can send in their mobile vans, and the shredding work will be done on your site. This can be really useful when you are dealing with important documents that cannot be removed to handed over to a third-party service.
- It doesn’t have to cost a bomb. One of the best advantages of shredding is cost-effectiveness. You do not have to spend huge on the process, no matter whether you go for periodical shredding or scheduled shredding.
- Finally, convenience is paramount. At the end of the day, you want to focus on one thing that matters the most – Your business. What can be outsourced should be assigned to a service that can do the job better, and a shredding service offers just that and more.
If you still have your concerns, check the credentials of the shredding company and ask for an estimate in advance. As required, you can check their clientele and ask for references.