Best Guide To Popcorn Fundraisers
Popcorn fundraisers are currently the most popular and effective way to raise funds for any organization, school, or even church. One of the unique things about a popcorn fundraiser is that you do not have to spend money on anything and if done the right way there’s every chance you can make more money than envisaged. For the purpose of those that will want to launch a popcorn fundraiser but do not know how and why to do so, we’ll be offering them a guide.
Benefits Of Launching A Brochure Popcorn Fundraiser
A brochure popcorn fundraiser is the type of popcorn fundraiser where order forms are distributed to those at the event and the ordered popcorn flavors are mailed to them. In other words, you could say that it is the type of fundraiser where the popcorns are not made at the event. This popcorn fundraising option is currently the best because it is 100% risk-free and also profitable. Aside from these two benefits mentioned, there are other benefits of this popcorn fundraising option and they include;
- It is stress-free. Since you do not have to pop the corn yourself at the event, you can spend your time doing other meaningful things
- You don’t have to spend money to kick-start the campaign
- Buying popcorn is something almost everyone would do because it is popular
- It is the most profitable fundraising option you can opt for since you need little or no money to start.
Selling popcorns off a brochure is by far the most effective and cost-effective means of raising funds. All you have to do is take the brochure which has a variety of popcorn flavors people can order and their various prices listed on it.
How It Works
As mentioned earlier, the brochure popcorn fundraiser can save you time and energy if you are planning to raise money for a project for either your sports team, church, organization, etc. Instead of buying tables and paying for a stand to pop the corns, all you’ll be needing is a brochure which you can show to friends, relatives, and even strangers you meet in an event.
You have to pass out your brochures to everyone in the event and ask them to choose the flavor and amount they would want to buy. Once they have filled the order form, you take them back with their cash and have the popcorns mailed to them. To encourage more people from ordering from you, there are a number of popcorn flavors that should be included in your brochure. They include;
- Caramel apple corn; to make this flavor, you will have to add cinnamon and apple bits
- Chicago-style popcorn; to get this flavor, you’ll have to mix gourmet cheese with caramel corn
- Gourmet caramel corn
- Hokey pokey
- Dark chocolate corn
Creating The Buzz About Your Brochure Popcorn Fundraiser
Irrespective of whether this is a one-time thing you have planned out or not, to make more money you need to create a buzz. The best way you can do this is by building excitement around it. You could reach out to your past customers, inform them of what you have planned out, and ask for their support. You could also reach out to those that may or may not have heard of your fundraising campaign. There are some tips that will help you out;
- Gather your volunteers early; some of the reasons why you’ll need to gather your volunteers early is to brainstorm how the popcorn will be sold, the date of the fundraising, and how many brochures will be made available.
- Organize a party; parties are one of the best ways to build excitement around any project, fundraisers being one of them. While your fundraising plans are still in the early phase, you could decide to organize a small or large party. Invite some of your previous customers and if this is your first time, you could invite people living in your neighborhood.
- Use social media; you can use your social media accounts to promote your campaign to those in your neighborhood. You could ask others including your volunteers to spread the word by sharing and reposting your content.
Be sure to visit fundraising zone for more information