Four major players control and process electronic payments throughout the world. These are Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. The bulk of the world’s electronic payments go through any of these. Two main companies, Visa and MasterCard, handle most electronic payments out of all the four, and they do so via a co-brand relationship with banks and NFBCs. Banks and NBFCs issue credit cards to their customers and these may take the form of a Visa credit card or one by MasterCard.
What is Visa & MasterCard and How do they Impact Credit Cards?
Since Visa and MasterCard are both companies that act as gateway systems to manage credit cards and electronic payments made through them, their payments are issued through relationships with banks, credit card companies and the like. So, a MasterCard credit card may be offered to a customer by a particular bank, say HDFC Bank, and all the offers and rewards tied to the card relate to the relationship customers have with their bank. MasterCard, or Visa, act as payment processors. MasterCard and Visa earn their revenue by fees paid to them by banks who issue credit cards based on their branding. In turn, banks charge customers fees. You can opt for the best Visa or MasterCard based credit cards when you compare and apply on Finserv MARKETS.
Differences Between Visa and MasterCard
Although there is no major difference between Visa and MasterCard, since they both operate in the same way and perform the same functions as companies, there are some differences to note:
- Fees – Both companies earn fees through data processing and service charges but characterize fees in different ways.
- Fee Structure – Both charge fees to banks and credit unions, but each has a different fee structure.
- Network and Partners – MasterCard has a partner network that is 30 million merchants strong globally, while Visa has 28 million merchant partners to its credit. Network partners are where these cards are accepted as payment tools.
- Specific Rewards – Specific rewards and perks that you get on Visa and MasterCard may differ for each as each has tie-ups with different merchants.
How You can Apply for a Visa or MasterCard Credit Card Online
At Finserv MARKETS, you can opt for one of the best credit cards on offer from partner banks, comparing them, and ultimately choosing one which matches your spending needs. Whether you choose a MasterCard credit card or one backed by Visa, at Finserv MARKETS, you can apply easily in these steps:
- Go to the Finserv MARKETS portal at Credit Cards: Compare & Apply For Credit Cards Online – Finserv MARKETS (bajajfinservmarkets.in)
- Browse for the best credit cards and compare them.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’.
- Fill in your details and information.
- Select a credit card that suits you after careful analysis.
- Click the ‘submit’ button.
You may have to upload some documents for verification, but once that is done, you will get approved and your credit card will be sent to you.
Get the Best Credit Card
With a wide variety of partner bank credit cards on offer, Finserv MARKETS offers you the best choice in Visa or MasterCard co-branded cards, so you can enjoy credit card benefits soon.
- Knowing the Difference Between Visa, MasterCard, RuPay and American Express Debit and Credit Card – ICICI BANK
Comments are closed.